75100385

I cannot view them but a mutual friend states that my

Hello. I cannot view them but a mutual friend states that my ex has posted naked pictures of me on Facebook.
I took them for private use but she is posting them publicly without my consent under an account in my name.
I may have been foolish to take them but believe I broke no law, but I believe what is doing, has. I have
tried to persuade her of this but she feels no compunction to withdraw them, believing she has broken no law.
People have apparently viewed and comented already. She is doing this to cause distress and it is. I am fearful
that friends, family, colleagues may see them. ing them openly under an account in my name. I believe she is doing
this to cause distress and it is. Where does the law stand on this ? Please note that while I am resident in Scotland,
she is resident in England. I would rather not involve the police or solicitors becasuse of the nature of this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do they show your bits, do you know?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The account has a facial picture, my name. attached pictures show genitals, yes. erect.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then it is an offence. The law defines it as: “photographs or films which show people engaged in sexual activity or depicted in a sexual way or with their genitals exposed, where what is shown would not usually be seen in public” and which are distributed without the person’s permission and with intent to cause harm or distress.If your ex wont remove it then you need to get a Solicitor involved. This is because a Solicitor can write and ask for it to be removed. If it is not removed then you can complain to the Police.But the reality is, if the ex wont remove it you need to get a third party involved.I am sorry for your situation and if I can clarify anything please let me know.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/405286/revenge-porn-factsheet.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I met the woman in question on line. I found out after several years that she was actually married and I was unwittingly having an affair. We either met at mine, my parents or on 'neutral ground' so I don't even know her home address. Could a solicitor perform some form of search. I now know her real name, she lied to begin with, and her rough locale.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The offence she is committing ? What is the maximum fine ? Could it be custodial ? My searches on line suggest it could be custodial, up to 2 years. I want to impress upon her the severity of her actions.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can be sent to prison for it. So could be sent to prison. Please see: http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/prosecutors_being_advised_to_learn_from_revenge_porn_cases/Alex