75100385

There, I am renting a garden flat but haven't had a

Hi there,
I am renting a garden flat but haven't had a garden due to renovations for 6 months. The landlord did not tell me and it's not in the contract. Where do I stand?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When did you move in please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I moved in April 2015. Garden was out of bounds from September until about 2 weeks ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. How much are you paying in rent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£1343 per calender month. Are you able to ask me more than one question a time to save us going back and forth?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. How much do you want to claim back, last question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea that's what I'm asking. Can I ask for something back and if so how much? Do I have a tenants right? Have I been misled/mis sold? Do I have a case? What I don't know is how much a garden is worth, as the proportion of rent.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do - if the garden was included then the Landlord is in breach of contract and you have a claim.I think you can claim probably about 10% of the rent. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?ALex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.