12826847

I have a very strange situation on my hands - a very very

Hi!
I have a very strange situation on my hands - a very very very very close friend of mine who I have a very close bond with (an almost romantic bond without the sexual relationship) has recently made a new friend who has become rather obsessed with him due to the fact he was in a semi-famous 90s band.
We all went out for his birthday for drinks and I discovered the next day she had blocked me on all the social networks and has told him that I have been sending her threatening messages saying I was his girlfriend and we'd been sleeping together and to back off. Needless to say, I hadn't done this. I tried messaging her to ask her if I'd upset her but did not receive a reply. I have just found out that she has told said friend that I physically assaulted her at a gig that their gig a few weeks ago. All I did at this gig was say hello to her as she walked past me, I did not touch her at all - and I have the people I was with all night who can vouch for this.
My friend does not believe the allegations, however he has not communicated these things to me directly and I have heard this through the singer in the band who is also a very close friend (more like a sister).
I have not contacted her since however I get the feeling this is liable to escalate into something very terrifying very quickly as the girl is clearly very attached to my friend and dead set on "getting rid" of me any way she knows how.
Where do I stand on this legally? I have no idea what my rights are here but obviously I want to have the knowledge for if/when this gets any worse.
Many thanks for your time,
Nicoletta
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if she can make an allegation to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is VERY unhinged and I think she may do so when she realises that my musician friend doesn't believe her and no longer wants anything to do with her, so yes.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, well, they are the people who do report trivialities.Yes, she could report it. If she does it will have to be investigated.If you say that you didn't do it then it is a simple matter of offering that account. You can't be cautioned if you deny the offence so you do run the risk of a charge and being sent to court but ultimately they have to prove what they allege.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, with regard to my contact with her, is it best to keep a dignified silence? When does making up crazy lies turn into harassment, in a legal sense?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I would ignore her. You don't want to be getting involved with people who make allegations of abuse. There is an argument that making false allegations does amount to harassment but you need a fairly large number. I wouldn't even think of suing until there have been at least five allegations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that's perfect for now. Thank you SO MUCH for the advice, it really helps to get a professional opinion! Can I request you specifically using this site if it gets worse?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, just post back and ask for me. No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you SO much.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.