Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I signed a contract to have facia work done to my house, they

I signed a contract to have facia work done to my house, they said it would be done in 6 weeks, 4 months later they now want to do the job, can I refuse to have them do the job - no money has changed hands but I did sign a. Loan contract to come into being once the job was completed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a lawyer based in London. Have you previously chased them up about the delay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but they rang several weeks ago to start the job the next day, when I told them I was working nights they said they would ring back, then they rang this weekend and I asked to speak to the manager as I was not happy - they said they would be in touch this week
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Where you have agreed for work to be done within a certain time limit and the other party has failed to keep to that arrangement then you are entitled to terminate the contract. They failed to keep to their side of the arrangement which in my view, is a breach of contract. You are within your rights to terminate the contract and tell them not to call or visit your property. It is highly unlikely they will pursue this any further as the work hasn't been started and no money has been lost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the advice, I was worried about the work that would be carried out if their customer service is this bad, before they start the work - when they ring I will tell them they are in breach of contract, many thanks, Lynn