Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My ex husband was a solicitor and in the divorce process I

My ex husband was a solicitor and in the divorce process I was the petitioner ( he was having an affair ) but he used his legal status to initiate the proceedings in an underhand way . I have a copy of a letter which was sent to his firm stating " in spite of the fact that so much distress has been caused to our client by the surprising lack of adherence to the protocol by your client and your firm , our client has agreed to proceed with the divorce "
This happened three years ago but is there anything I can do to highlight this professional misconduct ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You have the following options:(i) You make a complaint to the senior partner at his law firm detailing his failing in conduct;(ii) You complain to the Legal Ombudsman www.legalombudsman.org.uk/​(iii) You complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authorityhttps://www.sra.org.uk/Solicitors are bound by conduct rules - and as a general principle they should not do anything that brings the profession into disrepute or harms the image of the profession.If you are seeking for him to held accountable for his conduct then the best thing to do is complain to his regulator the SRA. If you suffered financial harm from his conduct and want compensation then I would complain to the Legal Ombudsman.I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ