Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I sold my propert to my son because i owed him money and he

i sold my propert to my son because i owed him money and he payed the rest of mortgage off and payed for my daughters funeral expences we sighned a piece of paper and had it witnesd by a freind who was magistrate now retired my son has not registred the property yet because i have been trying to by freehold for many years it has gone to a tribunal and he was waiting for that to be resolved before he registred it his he the legal owner from the day he sighned the paper he will tell land registry of that date
kind regards
paul
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Please can you provide further detail - are you seeking to confirm whether not registering the property until after the freehold purchase is an issue? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son has bought the property of me weather he gets freehold or leasehold there is only 68 years left on leasehold i have some one dealing with this weather its a 9 1 or different i just want to know if my son is legal owner from the day we all sighned the papersin case anything anything hapens to me we have documents showing where money was transfered to paye mortgage of and selling to him kind regards paul
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Your son is owner of the beneficial interest in the property form the date you sign. He will be legal owner when the property is formerly registered. Accordingly the transfer may not binding on your successors in title - for example if you went bankrupt before the transfer is complete it may cause you an issue - and your creditors may be able to claim the property. Are you purchasing the freehold under Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993? If so can you not just assign the right to your son?