75100385

I purchased through Amazon and their supplier Silver2Love

I purchased through Amazon and their supplier Silver2Love a Carriage Clock (Woodford Est 1860) at a cost of approx £430 on 5 Sept 2013 for my wife's birthday. Almost exactly two years later it stopped working, then started, then stopped again, and continued like that for several days; the clock was either fully or partially 'wound'. I contacted Amazon and Silver2Love to inform them, but as the clock was outside the one year guarantee, Silver2Love told me to contact the manufacturer - Harrison Bros and Howson of London. I telephoned them to be told that they only imported them from either Germany, France or Switzerland, but it would be better to find a local Jeweller/Clock Repairer. This I did, at a well known and respected firm in Chester. He immediately told me that the Clock (only 2 years old) was a very bad one with a poor "escapement", but nevertheless would try to fix it. After 6 weeks he told me it was ready, but still warned me it is a bad one. Repairs cost £150, last December. In February this year it started all over again - stop/start/stop etc. I have taken the clock back to him but again & he said he would try but without much hope. I have contacted Amazon again, who made some suggestions including contacting you, as the others weren't applicable, I wondered whether it can be considered 'Fair Trading' to have sold me an expensive item with little shelf life? Your help would be appreciated. Sincerely, Nicholas ******.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Who did you pay, was it Amazon or the manufacturer?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid Silver2Love via Amazon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call you shortly. I am just in Court.Alex