12826847

I finished working company in January 2015 and in October

Customer Question

I finished working for a company in January 2015 and in October 2015 I was interviewed by cid, as my former employer accused me of stealing from the company.
I was told to sign cheques in owners name when they where out of the country to pay suppliers.
And I regularly had money paid into my account to pay staff wages etc.
I have given police authorisation to go through all my accounts to prove my innocents
However this is still going on and had to legal representation yet
What should I do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
To achieve what please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven't achieved anything
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am just very taken back by the whole thing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
OK. So what would you like to know about this?I can help with the criminal aspect but not the employment one.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Criminal is what I'm after
Now been 5/6months since I was questioned.
I understand fully from a legal point of view I have broken the law.
I was however only doing what I was told from my employer
I never signed cheques for personal gain nor benefit
All cheques signed by myself with my previous employers signature was done with there consent and to pay bills.
Just really wanna no what will happen to May worst case
I have never had a criminal record or been put in this position in 30 years of my life
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
There is no defence in saying that you were only following instructions.If you are saying that you forged the owners name then that is an offence I'm afraid. Whether they can prove it or not is another matter.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
The worst that could happen is that they could charge and send you to court.If you have admitted forging cheques then they probably will charge you with something I'm afraid.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have already admitted doing so as that's the truth.
What can happen to me from a legal point if I was taken to court and found guilty
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So if charged would that be a fine ? Criminal record ???
Would it be taken into consideration that this was not for personal gain
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
There are no sentencing guidelines for forgery.The truth is that it would depend how much was lost. If it was a small amount then probably it would be a community order. If it was a large amount then custody is a possibility.It would lead to a criminal record.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cheques total was £4500
Paying council tax
Food suppliers
And a bed company.
Would you advise for me to get legal representation
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Surely some of these were due?You should have had the solicitor that was offered to you in interview. They can only pick up the pieces now.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Looking back I should of had legal present.
When yo say some of these were due to mean the payments ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Some of these where due ??? ( do you mean payments ) ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to. Confirm answers to my previous questions
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Yes, stuff like council tax. Surely that was due to be paid.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it was but they where not in the country
And this is what I was told to do as account was in the red
I have spoke to Alex now on the phone and have had phone conversation
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
No problem. I don't think they are likely to charge you with anything that was due. They could as it is still a forgery but it is not likely that they would.