Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I bought a flat with my partner now ex in 2007 in London. The

I bought a flat with my partner now ex in 2007 in London. The bond is in both our names (50/50) yet I put in 160 k and he put in 80 k. Is there anyway I can legally get my share of the property increased to represent my additional input? I have proof of my contribution.
Vanessa
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Are you/were you married to each other? Was there a deed of trust or formal agreement drawn out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we were never married and apart from the bond - nothing else entered into.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - unless there is a clear intention or deed of trust that you would be entitled to your initial financial contribution, the legal position is for the equity to be split as held on the title - ie. 50-50.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you