Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

We are selling out business and my ex-business partner (50/50)

Customer Question

We are selling out business and my ex-business partner (50/50) has agreed to sign in her own name an indemnity document to protect our potential buyer from any future TUPE claims by covering potential legal expenses. (A copy of this Document is available to view) As joint employers for 20 years and in the knowledge that she has "Reassigned" her personal assets I am concerned about any future exposure to me - please advise. Happy to discuss furher via phone or email. I would like a definitive answer today please. Please feel free not to respond if you are not familiar with TUPE law in Nothern Ireland.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am an employment lawyer and I am happy to help you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to add a copy of the relevant document using the add files button on this page but it does not appear to work. Happy to email you across a copy if you give me your email address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is ***** 934562
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I was hoping to hear from you today. Please can you call me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine, I was offline yesterday with a family event. When is it convenient for me to call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me ANYTIME tonight or tomorrow! I really need to get an answer to this before Monday ( I am being pressured to sign the sale on Monday!). There seems to be a problem uploading attachments via the website so if you could text me your email address I can email you the relevant document immediately.Thanks,Catherine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disappointed not to have heard anything back as yet, considering I placed this ticket as an urgent enquiry from the beginning. If you could call me first thing in the mroning then maybe we will still have time to get an answer?