Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My parents & I own a house jointly in equal shares. Myself

My parents & I own a house jointly in equal shares. Myself and my husband are now buying their share for the same amount as they initially invested 2 1/2 yrs ago. We are preparing the TR1 ourselves. My question is do I have to include myself as one of the Transferors as well as one of the Transferees (even though I am not receiving any of the money my husband and I are paying to my parents)?
Thanks CB
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.You will need to include your name in the Transferor's panel a this must show all the current owners.In the panel where it asks what consideration is to be paid you should put "£x payable to the Transferors A and B for their share in the Property"(A is your Father and B is your Mother). I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. The box where I have to type in the consideration has some wording already in it as follows:-
"The transferor has received from the transferee for the property the following sum (in words and figures):"I am editing it as a Word document so am I ok to edit that text and word it like you suggest above i.e.
"The transferors A and B have received from the transferee for their share in the property the following sum..."
Thanks CB
Hi,Apologies for the delay- I have been away.Your suggested wording is just fine. Kind RegardsAl