Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We are online shop. We sell cosmetics products. We do not

Customer Question

Hi! We are online shop. We sell cosmetics products. We do not produce it, we officially buy it from manufacturer. One of our customer bought a foundation. She wants to exchange or refund it as she thinks she has an allergy reaction. We do not accept any return or exchange of any items that was opened and used. Now she want to go to court as she thinks we breach the law. Does she really have a case? As far as I know we can't accept the liability in this case. We can't be responsible for the product itself. Am I right that the manufacturer is responsible for any claims concerning the product?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is she making the claim under the cooling off period of the Distance Selling regulations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She bought it few days ago. And she opened all products and applied few times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that she opened all products and used them.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you. The fact that the goods are perishable and of a personal nature means she should not be allowed to rely on the 14 day cooling off period. Her only right to cancel would be if the goods are defective. Has she said she will take legal action?