13262538

A friend of mine recently committed Suicide. He is

A friend of mine recently committed Suicide. He is Polish. His Father and Sister have been in the UK for the last few days, but are still waiting for the results of the post-mortem.
They are waiting for thee Death Certificate so they can repatriate his body.
They want to return to Poland either on Friday or Saturday, but will be unable to sort out all the Bank, Inland Revenue, and National Insurance stuff.
They have asked me if I can help with these things once they have returned home. But I do not know how to go about this.
Can you help?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for the loss of your friendThe starting point is that when they Register the death his family will be offered the chance to use the "Tell us Once " servicehttps://idp-death-tellusonce.direct.gov.uk/Death/Enrich/BeforeYouStart?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3aTellUsOnce%3arealms%3aTuoCitizenSts&wctx=9d5e63e0-1eec-4430-b069-904f1f0e033e&wct=2016-03-02T21%3a26%3a45Z&wfresh=0&whr=urn%3aTellUsOnce%3arealms%3aTuoCitizenIdpWhich will mean that the Inland Revenure and DWP will be notified of the deathThey will also need to ask for four copies of the Death certificate so that you can have three of them to use to notify the bank etcYou may find this website usefulhttps://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/relationships/death-and-wills/what-to-do-after-a-death/Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
Thanks for your fast response.
Because this was being dealt with by the Coroner we were under the impression that we would not have to register the death.
And as the family need to return to Poland. Will I be act on their behalf
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
They will still have to Register the death before they take the body back.However they can give you written authority to deal with matters in their absence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just recap.
The Coroner will provide the certificate we need to register the death?
The body cannot be repatriated until we register the death?
If I have written authority I will be able to deal with any outstanding matters?
Debbie
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct