12826847

Jo. I was thinking of reading ''. I read reviews

Hi Jo. I was thinking of reading 'lolita'. I read reviews and typed it into Google images by mistake. Luckily I didn't see any porn though there were images of children. I clicked off it right away but like your client I have ocd. Could I be accused of something? I've typed that word since then within sentences to see if it is a banned or illegal word. I'm worried someone could say I downloaded or made some images. Please can you advise?
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read the response from your Solicitor called Jo, who said that it wasn't illegal to type anything into Google but would my phone 'cache' the thousands of images which followed? God knows we all do stupid things but this is driving me a little crazy. I know that logically and rationally I did nothing wrong but anxiety doesn't work that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The money has left my account. Please could I have an answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Yes. This is the first response I've had and I've paid 32.00. It says the message was at 8 20 but just turned up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I don't really want a phone call as that is extra money. A reply please would be great. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo. Your response to the other Guy with similar issues was useful. This is more of a worry issue as I am overly anxious but I would like to know the law please.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could be accused of anything. Any of us could.However, until you are it is a non issue.The fact of your google search history could be used to support such an allegation. That hasn't happened at the moment.A google search history per se is not unlawful. You haven't downloaded anything unlawful although there may be soft traces in your cache history but that is harder to prove.Just try not to have anything to do with people with a history of making allegations of abuse and you will probably have no problems.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jo. Yes, I could be accused of anything, that's true.
These people that are arrested with 10000 pictures of child abuse on their hard drives-is it possible that those 10000 images were not actually downloaded to their computer, but were merely part of the Google search? Is it possible that they never actually looked at them or even searched for child pornography? That's what I would like to know also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but I don't believe that a lot of these people are even paedophiles. Here is my final point that I need clarifying:
If I search for 'cars' on Google images, do I then 'possess' the million or so images that are part of google's cache or 'trawl' of the Internet? Does that mean they are mine? Do I 'make' those images? I don't understand all this terminology. It makes little sense to me. The people that 'make' images are the photographers and the abusers, in the case of child abuse, surely?
Can someone that doesn't even look at photos of abuse actually 'possess' them or make them? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it all. I'd appreciate the law on these issues though please. I haven't ever seen a photo of a Child being abused and I hope I never do but if you are Male you live in fear of this sort of thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I've explained myself enough. I am really only wondering if a person could be convicted of possessing images which are illegal, even if they have never looked at them, seen them or been aware of their existence? This could be the case with Google Images. Is it only the images which have appeared on the screen that count? Also, what if someone comes across an illegal image and then immediately clicks away from it?
I'd also like to add that I abhor abuse of any kind and would Never knowingly look at or download any images involving abuse of any kind. That is my exact point. Could we do so WITHOUT knowing?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is possible. That is the whole challenge with most of these trials. It is possible that there could be soft downloads in your cache that do not amount to possession.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a soft download please? Sorry but I don't know what that means. That could apply to any one of us then, even if we have been looking for something quite innocently as in my case.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
A download in your cache. Yes, it could.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well I appreciate your advice, thanks, I'll just be very careful what I type into a search bar in future. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice