12826847

When my mother was unable to manage her finances properly she

Customer Question

when my mother was unable to manage her finances properly she got my brother to act as co-signee so he could draw or pay money/ bills etc for her. i later found out that over a period of 6yrs he had been withdrawing money for his own use (over £7000) i went to CAB and was told there was nothing i could do about it as he was a co-signee and had permission to access her account. I think this is wrong, please tell me if any action that can be taken against him as i think it is misappropriation of funds and he has basically stolen this money
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for you questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is your mother's view of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mother has passed away and i never told her that i found that my brother had been taking money from her account. My mother was in a residential care home diagnosed with vascular dementia so i felt it would upset her and/or she would not understand
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is there any evidence that she would not have agreed to him having the money?