Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

LOCKED INTO ***** SEPRATED HUSBAND £12.000 HE IS

LOCKED INTO ***** SEPRATED HUSBAND £12.000 HE IS NOT PAYING HIS HALF OF THE LOAN.CAN I DO ANYTHING?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If the loan is joint and several liability and you are having to pay for him, you are entitled to recover the amount you pay on his behalf in the County Court. Under the Civil Liability (contribution) Act 1978 you can sue him for the payments you make on his behalf. Is £12k the outstanding balance? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but will this cost me money to do this?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. You may have to pay court fees (and solicitors costs, if you use a solicitor). You would be able to recover these if you successfully sue him in court. Does he have any assets or money?
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiIn fact this is a matter best dealt with within the financial side of divorce proceedings as it will be easy for your husband to avoid payment if you use this option