12826847

Family holding my personal belongings and refuse to return

Family holding my personal belongings and refuse to return any of the them!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i sold my house in 2007 i asked my sister&brother to look after my starwars collection(within this collection there are also jewelry and dvds).The collection consists of over 1000 items(i have a full list)The valve is worth approx £30,000.00+.AFTER THE SALE OF MY HOUSE i lived in a tent for 7 years and then went into a hostel i am now in a secure accommodation(12 months+.I have made it clear i still want my items returned and they have told me they no longer have them .However i know that my sister has them and refuses to give them back it was a situation that all involved was made aware of and i still made it clear that i would reclaim them a.s.a.p.I at the time gave my brother inlaw my hand&power tools in actual payment to do this for me with no time limit set!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i go about reclaiming my belongings i dont have a large bank balance what are my options?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Either way there would be cost I'm afraid.You could sue them for the actual value of the items but you are describing value that is in excess of the small claims court so there are cost implications. You could seek an injunction forcing them to hand them over. There are problems with that but it is an option if these items cannot be replaced with money.If you cannot bear the cost of either option then you could get a solicitor to write to them for about £100 plus VAT warning them of legal action if they don't comply. That might well succeed.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able/prepaired to sent a letter and at what cost?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No but a barrister under public access could. You could try herewww.churchcourtchambers.co.ukor www.5pumpcourt.comProbably about £50 - £100.