12826847

I have been barred from international judging by British Gymnastics

Customer Question

I have been barred from international judging by British Gymnastics until I pay money to them that is not due and has been proven to not be due.
They will not acknowledge the evidence provided and are stopping me working as an international judge until I pay them money that is not owed.
My limited understanding of law is that this is now blackmail to extort money out of me.
Can you confirm.
I've reported it to the police as advised from a free legal advice session, but they won't log out as a crime and day out is a civil case of defamation.
They have said I need to provide a written reason from a legal person re why they should treat it as blackmail.
I do not have the money to afford a solicitor to pursue defamation anyway and think the police are just batting it away.
I have all the threatening emails plus recordings of conversations with the organisation: I'm hoping this would be sufficient evidence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you can force the police to investigate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have said they will only investigate if a solicitor advised it is blackmail
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is not blackmail. There is no demand with menaces. It is a normal civil dispute.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It may not be a claim with merit but that doesn't make it a blackmail. It just means they are wrong in law.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Blackmail involves a menace - something like threatening violence or to post naked images on the internet.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This isn't really even defamation. It is just a claim for money.If you disagree then you can pay and reclaim at the small claims court.The police do often refuse to become involved in legitimate crimes but this isn't a legitimate case for the police. This is a civil matter.Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/