13262538

My wife's mother died recently. She left a will witnessed by

My wife's mother died recently. She left a will witnessed by her next door neighbours. My wife's sister is contesting it and the neighbours have stated that the signatures on the will are not theirs. They have been in contact with my wife's sister. My wife has been requested to visit the neighbour's solicitor and bring the will so that the neighbours can verify the signatures are not theirs.
I believe that the neighbours have been 'got at' my my wife's sister - maybe for financial gain.
Can I ask them to take an oath that the signatures are not theirs? If they lie i.e. tat the signatures match their signatures on their passports/ bank cards, would they be committing perjury and is this a criminal offence?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho are named as Executors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Penelope Barron and one of her sisters Shirley Falloon
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then it is for the Executors to deal with.They should arrange for formal statements to be taken from the neighboursIt is not for solicitors acting for the neighbours to deal with it is for the solicitor acting for the Executors.If the matter goes to Court hen that evidence may be given on Oath - but it is unlikely that they will be ordered to produce specimen signatures for comparison.However if they are found to have lied on oath then yes it s perjury - but few are prosecuted for thatClare