13262538

Type ymy uncle is the executor of my nans will. she died in

Customer Question

Type ymy uncle is the executor of my nans will. she died in 2013 and probate was granted in 2014. My brother and I are named in her will as to receiving half of her estate as my dad died before my nan and its stated in her will we were to receive his half. we have a copy of the will and have contacted the solicitor dealing with nans estate who say that it was settled in 2014 and given to my uncle but we are still waiting for our share. His wife keeps making excuses about the money so we are worried she will try and retain as much of it as she can. She has already said my nan was in receipt of a benefit she was not entitled to when she was alive and this needed to be paid back but this is not showing in the solicitors inventory of funds paid out. also there is a cost for a headstone paid out but theres no grave that we no of as nan was cremated and her ashes were still at the funeral parlour so we are worried money will go missingour question here...
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you know how much your Uncle received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In excess of 150,000 with the sale of the house ect
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Your Uncle is personally responsible to you and your brother for your share of the estate and what he has done amounts to theft.As a starting point you should write to him pointing out that this is the case and that you will report it unless you receive the final accounts and the cheque.If you do not hear from him then you will need to contact the Police.Please ask if you need further details