75100385

If I wanted to use a 15 second clip of Alice and wonderland

If I wanted to use a 15 second clip of Alice and wonderland from 1951, is that considered fair use? Is there a way around not getting a license?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I would like to use the clip for my indpendant film
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What context is it being used in please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's for my feature film, my character watches the cartoon for 15 seconds exactly and the sounds isn't that clear for most of it since she's talking over it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then yes this is ok. It's only where you are directly using it and it cuts to a clip, rather than watches it and talks over it.So this is ok.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i assume I have to credit Disney...how do I do and what do I say in my defence if people ask about it? Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you need to credit Disney. If people ask them you just need to say you have credited them. That is enough
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clairfy anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it is still under copyright for another 5 years as the cartoon was made 65 years ago....should I be worried?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
no because you are only using a small clip. You are not passing off and you are crediting Disney.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clairfy?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Alex, thank you so much have a good weekend :)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good LuckAlex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/