12826847

I, Judith ***, was sent back on the 20th November until

Customer Question

I, Judith ****, was sent back on the 20th November until 08th January at Bronzefield Prison, where I was almost killed 3 times by the medical team, firstly they started off by giving me 8 mg of Warfarin just before my first blood test, which came back at 6.8, they also took the Champix out of my medication replacing it with an anti-depressant, and after my first blood-test they then proceded to giving me 3 mg of Warfarin, then on the 29th of December at my next blood-test my result was 1.3, and lastly when I went to my hospital 5 days after my release from prison my blood-test result was 7.1, so on three three separate times they tried to kill me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my entry date wrong it was the 30th of November not the 20th.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you call me on *********** I would be obliged.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo C, I would like to sue the prison service for trying to kill me at least 3 times during my time in the prison, which was between the 30th of November and 08th January this year. If you can I would like you to get back to me by telephone, I have already given you my mobile number.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why does giving you the wrong medication mean they almost killed you?A blood read of 6.8 would not lead to death normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, it is because if my Inr reading was high then I could have ended with a severe bleed then I would end up bleeding until I die, with the 1.3 reading I could have ended up with a blood clot to either my heart or to my brain which would also have killed me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. There isn't enough evidence here to conclude that they were trying to kill you I'm afraid.It might well have been medical negligence but that is not the same thing. You may have a claim in medical negligence. It depends whether you can find evidence that no reasonable practitioner would have issued this medication.If you can get over that hurdle then you will need to show loss. It is not as simple as claiming for risk. You will only have a claim if you suffered clear ascertainable and quantifiable loss.There are no win no fee firms but if they will not take it on then costs would be an issue.If these are prison doctors then they are liable, in principle, for doctors acting under their control only if they are employed by them. If not, then you would be better off pursuing their employers or, more likely, their insurers.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, it was not just my anti-coagulant medication they changed several times, but they also gave me an antidepressant which was 50 mg strength which on its own could also have killed me. But it was prescribed along with my other medication.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand. It may be that it could have killed you. You cannot claim for risk in the UK.You can only claim for losses actually sustained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have had no phone call from you so I will take this issue to the Legal Ombudsman if I do not hear from you by 10 tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am not going to be able to phone. That is why the offer is opened to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo C, I would like a full refund from your company because I have been told that you and your company do not operate in the UK, as you are based in the USA and therefore your company does not have the right to operate in the UK nor do you have the right to give advice to anyone in the UK.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Whoever has told you that is incorrect.I am in the Uk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo C, please give me proof by phoning me as soon as you can tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm very sorry but I will not be able to call. I am reading papers for tomorrow.In any event the offer you made has expired.Somebody else may be willing to but I do not have time tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo C, I want a full refund of all monies that I have paid, and all those that your company has taken without my permission, which amounts to £84-15p because you and your company, I feel have just ripped me off with lie after lie at being able to assist me when I feel you are just leading me along on a big length of rope giving me false hope.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Opting out.