75100385

We are in the process of changing our phone system to a VOIP

Customer Question

We are in the process of changing our phone system to a VOIP one with BT, our current provider. The line for our Gloucester shop was disconnected last night but the correspondence we received stated that this would happen on the 10th March (After being re-scheduled a couple of times) to make way to go VOIP based. We are a takeaway pizzeria, therefore we desperately need our phones on a Friday night and we were only able to notify a few customers via our social media that the phone lines were not working. Our revenue last night was much lower than previous weeks Friday's.
We've spoken to BT this morning and they are unable to reactivate the line until Monday when the cloud team are back in. They have no idea why its been disconnected and confirm it was due for the 10th.
We have no consistent phone line for the whole weekend and there will be damages to revenue and reputation. Obviously we are taking measures to mitigate these losses (changing websites phone number to a mobile one) but it will still be a damaging weekend for us.
How do I go about measuring the damages to the business and what other remedies do we have available to us?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.I assume that you have traded for some time and therefore have accounts prepared for previous trading periods?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mobile number is ***** I'm available for 1.30pm as I'm having to get out a large lunch order
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
OK - can you let me know when you are next available?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be available at 4pm today
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you may just need to come back on here and remind me.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just tried and it says you are not available.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u try again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just tried again, its says not available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me your contact number. EE has been having issues in our area.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly not, I can only call you......... Its against site rules for me to give you my number.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, are you available today. Same number, its should be working fine now. I'll be available from 12pm.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am, are you?