29905560

I lied on my application internal promotion with a Local

I lied on my application for an internal promotion with a Local Authority. This related to positions and promotions with an other organisation.
I was not successful after interview. However my indiscretions may now have come to light. The chair of the interview panel has a friend who was my colleague in my former workplace and I suspect this will come to light. Is the application confidential and would it be improper if this was discussed between the two?
What is my position?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are they providing an official reference to one another?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. They are close friends
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The chair of the interview panel asked me if I knew....and said her friend's name....I said I did. I'm now thinking they will discuss me and the previous experience I claimed to have had will be discovered
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there Ben?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes still here, sorry I am dealing with a few other customers as well. Technically they should have a duty under data protection to keep such information confidential and should not disclose it without your consent or if you were not advised that this may be possible at the time. However, this is the official position. In reality they could ‘unofficially’ discuss this information between them, verbally and with no trace of such discussion. So challenging that or pursuing it further without any evidence could be quite difficult. There may be inference that the conversation has taken place based on the employer’s reaction as a result, but such assumptions are just that and in the absence of evidence that there was a breach it may be problematic taking further action against them. So there is a risk that they may discuss that between them, even if technically they should not, although whether that happens and the repercussions are something only time will tell. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you