12826847

Last year June l took a train to Blackpool as l was following

Customer Question

Last year June l took a train to Blackpool as l was following my family on a weekend holiday, I could not get a ticket from the Bradford station where l boardered the train because the trai. Was already on the platform so one of the guys working at the station said it's ok l could jump in and buy the ticket inside the train , two stops from Bradford the conductor came and asked for tickets so l took out my debit card and gave him he put it through twice but said it declined l was surprised how because l was 120% sure l had money in it he did not give me the slip which says declined , as and then he gave me a reicept to pay when l got to Leeds as there was no ticket machine at the Blackpool station where l was getting off , l went to meet my family and then after after our holiday we went bak to Leeds on getting to Leeds my son wasn't feeling wel so l forgot even to pay the ticket issued by conductor a month on l had bad news form abroad that my grand mother had passed away so l had to rush on my way back l found a letter saying l have been fined £800 from the courts which l was surprised and called the courts to get a date to go to court l then went to court and the judge said l could pay £400 as l was not employed , l did not have a chance to talk about how l got the ticket on train , l had applied for work and done a CRB check and when it came back l had a conviction saying l travelling without paying , l found this unfair as l dd not intentionally not want to pay l have called my bank and they are saying they have no transaction on that day which declined from the northern rail and they gave me a duplicate statement which shows l had enough money to pay £19:30 on the train the conductor did not have to see my identity l told him my correct details so there was no intention of not paying now the job that l had applied have widthdrawn the offer because of that l would appreciate if you assisted me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it was the conductors machine which had a problem as lam sure l had enough funds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take the responsibility of not paying the ticket in tyme but the conviction is making everything hard for me as it portrays a dishonest person
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already sent my issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry , l need to know if there are chances of me appealing and getting the conviction off my CRB as this is making it hard for me to get a job and l feel it's unfair as l did not intend not to pay no ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What advice can you give to this issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it is really stressing me a lot l feel l have been wrongley convicted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day , still haven't had my reply
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello.Did you have a ticket to cover your journey?