12826847

My parents both 68yrs of age, received £20.000.00 by way of

Customer Question

My parents both 68yrs of age, received £20.000.00 by way of a .20yr remortgage paid solely by myself for their property, in 1988, both their names and myself were on the mortgage requested by my father to guarantee their housing for the next 20 yrs on the agreement that they both made a will to passing back to me there 1/3 shares on their demise or when the final mortgage payment was paid by myself. My father died in 1999 transfer of his share was passed to me, in 2008 when the last mortgage payment was paid my mother should have transferred her share to me but never got round to doing it, 2014 she moved into a care home, it was arranged for a solicitor to see my mother to sign a transfer form to release her name from the register, in May 2014, all with the approval from social services. The solicitor refuses to release these papers putting up obsticals in the way, it is now March 2016, could you advise what could be done, Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstOn what basis is the solicitor refusing to release the paperwork?