Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My two granddaughters ages five and seven Have been adopted

Customer Question

My two granddaughters ages five and seven Have been adopted I'll do I get the right to see them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be 62 in June time they're old enough to come looking there's a good chance I might be dead
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. How long have they been adopted? Have you registered yourself on the adoption contact register? If you have not, you can register your details and the children can check the register and decide whether they wish to see you or not. However, at the ages of five and seven, they may be too young to either know they were adopted or start seeking to resume a relationship with their birth family. Unfortunately, adoption severs all rights between the children and their birth family, and it is up to them whether they wish to resume contact with their birth family.I appreciate that this answer may not have been what you wished for, but please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you