75100385

I bought a motorhome from the NEC signing a contract ,

I bought a motorhome from the NEC signing a contract for it, but the next day I changed my mind and wrote to the Company cancelling. They sent me a letter telling me I could not cancel without paying them more money and that I had to purchase either the motorhome I had signed for or another one. The motorhome I purchased was not made and it would have been July before I could have it. I paid £1000 deposit.
I rang the company today to ask about their letter they had sent me and they told me that the NEC and Solihull Trading Standards had an agreement that when sales at the NEC were made it was the same as purchasing at the seller's usual premises. Do you know if this is true?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear you signed AT the NEC, ie was not at a distance, ie your home, internet or over the phone?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed at the NEC but the Company concerned are based in Cumbria and Kendal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Its bad news I am afraid. if you signed at the NEC there is NO cooling off period.If you had ordered online or over the telephone, this is at a distance and you are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period.But going to a trade show is the same as going on premises which means when you sign, in the absence of anything in the contract which says you have a cooling off period, then you have none.To be clear you do not have a cooling off period when you sign at a show like the NECI am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The people who ordered the new motorhome from have allowed me to transfer the deposit of £1000 to a used motorhome and they have given me a new contract. If I sign this contract can I then cancel it within 14 days and get my money back?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
yes if you order at a distance.Alex