Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am in the process of sorting the consent form after my divorce

Customer Question

I am in the process of sorting the consent form after my divorce but my ex needs the money to be able to acquire a property to live in We have agreed the settlement is there any way we can draw up a contract saying that the amount my ex receives will be the amount in the consent order and that he won't change his mind at a later date
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. You can agree a formal contract signed and witnessed by both of you (or an agreement through solicitors) regarding this, and continue with the consent order. There is case law that states that the agreement you have both reached should be binding, unless there is an unforeseen change of circumstances. In any event, I would not suggest that you do proceed with providing him any money to acquire property until a consent order is approved by the court.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank yo
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you