12826847

Is it true if someone owned a property a one time they would

Customer Question

Is it true if someone owned a property a one time they would have to pay for a nursing home. My husband owned a property up until 2012, and gave his share of the property to his son as a gift. I have been told that if he needs to go into a nursing home this has to be taken into consideration for payment. He has no savings, and has 2 loans o/s, I was also told that his pension and Disability Living allowance would be taken away from him, is this correct.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhy did he do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because we were in a lot of debt and his assets were far less than required to clear the debts, I had to pay off the remainder of the debts owed from my inheritance from my mother, so he said that he would give our son his half of the house we live in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The debts that we owed were from a failed business mortgage on the house we live in plus the overdraft for the business
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - did your son pay him anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth now?