13262538

I have been asked to complete a PA53 Consent to Proof of Will

I have been asked to complete a PA53 Consent to Proof of Will form. The main beneficiaries of this will are my aunt and my deceased father. There is no explicit provision for myself. If I consent to the proof of will, will my father's share come to me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat does the Will say should happen if a beneficiary has already died?Who is the Executor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The will isn't a proper one but I understand can be accepted if I and my aunt agree as we would be entitled if my grandmother (who's will be are discussing) died intestate. The executor is by father who is deceased.The will provides a small amount to each of two grandchildren with the balance being split between my aunt and my deceased father.By agreeing to the will and completing the PA53 I just want to understand if it still means that I will receive my father's share.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Given that you have already been identified as a relevant beneficiary then it would appear that there is no dispute that you are entitled to your father's share - that is why you are being asked to sign.However if there is a dispute then you can rely of Section 33 of the Wills Act which means that you are automatically substituted for your father in terms of the inheritancePlease ask if you need further detailsClare