12826847

My former flatmate asked me to pay unreasonable amount

Hello, my former flatmate asked me to pay unreasonable amount of money to him for food and drinks consumed half a year ago. He messaged me many unpleasant words (a kind of language violence) and made me feel very upset and not deal to go home. Could his act be considered as blackmailing? It happened about 2 month ago.
Thanks a lot, Monica
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello were you threatened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He didn't really threatened me for taking any hostile act. But his angry words and his previous act made me scared. He once opened my door at midnight when I was sleeping.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is not blackmail I'm afraid.That is just an unpleasant message.Blackmail involves a demand with menaces. Menaces are quite clearly defined in law. It involves things like making threats to put naked images on the internet or making actual threats of violence. Usually the later.This is just an unpleasant message I'm afraid.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your answer. Is it sexual offenses as he opened my door at midnight without authorization, and he also played porn movie loudly outside my room. But unfortunately I was so scared and didn't take any photo as evidence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. It is just not an offence.Watching porn however loudly is lawful in the UK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Could you suggest me anything to stop his unpleasant words, as it really makes me pressed and upset. I don't know what to do...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure you need to have contact with him really. If you owe him money then just pay what you accept owing and then ignore him.People who are genuinely receiving no response soon give up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your answers, they're very helpful