29905560

Im travelling to the Vega in a few weeks and i have a

Customer Question

Im travelling to the Vega in a few weeks and i have a criminal record for soliciting a women for the purposes of prostitution. I was interviewed by police and recieved a fine of £250 and this was along time ago. My fiancee filled in my ESTA form on line and put no to all the questions ago crimes and criminal records. My wife to be does not know i have a criminal record. Ive been told that US boarder control does not have information about UK criminal records when passports and fingerprints are scanned. But ive read that 5 countries (US, Canada, UK, Austrialia and New Zealand) share information. What information do they share and will the US know about my record when i get to passport control.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long ago was the conviction?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was about 12 years ago
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No one, apart from the relevant authorities, knows for certain what information is shared between the countries. However, from experience I know that it is mainly related to serious offences, such as terrorism, serious organised crime, drug-related offences, etc. Yours is not a serious crime and it was disposed of years ago through a fine. There was no custodial sentence and it nature is not such that it would be considered serious enough to make you an international threat so that it is shared with other countries. Whilst I can of course not guarantee safe passage into the US, the likelihood of this coming up is minimal. I have dealt with numerous clients who have travelled without declaring past criminal record and they have had no issues and all have been relatively minor offences such as yours, so I do not expect this to create any issues. However, I do have to say that to be fully complaint you should declare it. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My holiday is in 3 weeks time. Is it too late to declare it. The ESTA form was filled in weeks ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you declare it you need a visa to travel and with 3 weeks you may be pushing it to get a visa in time