Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How much will I be charged to ask a solicitor to set up a discretionary

how much will I be charged to ask a solicitor to set up a discretionary trust with the beneficiary being my daughter on my death? I own a house under tenants in common and if I were to die first, I would like my partner to continue living in the property until he dies but for my share to be paid on his death.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Your suggested scenario is normally catered for under the provisions of your Will.Your Wills Solicitor can incorporate the appropriate wording, leaving your half share of the property to your Daughter, but granting your partner the right to remain living in the property until he dies/decides to sell.I must say it would be wise for both you and your partner to visit a Solicitor and he can draw up Wills for you both. The approximate charge is likely to be £250 plus VAT for preparing your Will alone, or if you both make Wills, the joint cost is likely to be in the region of £400-£500 plus VAT.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl