12826847

O have been receiving harassing emails since dec 2015 that

Customer Question

O have been receiving harassing emails since dec 2015 that waa logg3d with the police and i gave the name of the person i suspected was behind these emails. She later claimed she was also receiving emails from the same person. Enails to her apparently stopped after the officer dealing with her complaint emailed the address saying to cease contact. However they continued to mevthen stopped for a short time. Tbey restarted stating al sorts that i had had a baby by this other womens husband etc etc. I had expressed my c8ncern about email hacking and 0hone hacking on numerous occassions but was not listened to yet my ex boyfriend had done this before to exppse and download evidence of an affair.
However thid Adele marshall now claims im harrassi g her sending her emails saying i have her husbands baby and i didnt. I explained in an email i sent her from an altetnate account that my emails had been hacked. Shes now reported me to police for harasment but its her harrassing me her husband f
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have to attend a meeting at the police station as im accused of Harrassment but i did not send the email. I have admitted my emails were hacked hence why i emailed the person making the complaint that it was not me who sent it.im the victim of a vandetta and revenge cos i had an affair with her husband.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What can i do to stop her making false allegations and stop her husband following me around?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Have you been sending emails?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No i have not. I had been rece8ving harrassing emails from a fake email address that i reported to the police.I had always expressed concern despite changing email passwords etc my phone and emails etc being hacked.Emails were sent from.my account but not by me. When i realised my account had been hacked and saw the email exchanges between this fake email address that Adele marshall had also claimed to be receiving harassing emails from and this fake email and mine thats when i was mafe aware acvounts werent secure.So after seeing cintents of Adrles emails and this fake email Rachel and some from my account( that i did not send) i contacyed Adele on a different email i had and assured her i hadnt sent them but was happy to meet up to discusd any issues or questions. I had an affair with her husband but she already knew about that so as far as i was concerned we had said all to each other last july.Im now being told im harrassing her for the emails someone sent from my email address to Adele.Yet im not harrassing anyone. I was at work when emails exchanged and i work in an operating theatre!! hardlu going to be emsiling soneone from there!I think its all hate and revenge from Adele for the affair. She now say im lying about the affair yet she k nows its true as my ex boyfriend provided more evidence to her as well as what she had seen on her husbands phone etc.I have been followed by her husband but if they felt i was harrassing them why did Adele phone me amd leave a voicemail message and her husband follow me from work to my home?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Isn't it quite unlikely though that she would have hacked into your account to email herself?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No not with the help of my ex boyfriend!Why would i email myself as some of them sent from Adele to this fake rachel cc me i to them to my hacked account.Thats how i found out it was being hacked as i had this fake rachel messages spamed and Adeles too!
Its all a revenge plot and untrue.Why would i email her saying i have a baby by her husband when she lives*****away from me and we both know neutral people who would have said something to her had i been pregnant or had a baby??
We compete in the same sport so would not be something you can hide!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
I think probably that they are saying you did this to bait her?This is something that could be resolved by IP addresses. The reality is that it is quite unlikely the police are going to conduct IP searches into either accounts for what are, ultimately, some unpleasant emails.Hacking is not taken particularly seriously here. In the States they take it much more seriously.If you have changed the passwords then it is not likely to be an issue for the future.In terms of her husband following you that is quite hard to prove as opposed to meetings by default. That is especially the case in smaller areas. If he does actually start making vexatious contact then that might amount to harassment.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The officer i spoke to said that tbe email addess have been traced to the ip address of where i live and work. Which of course my email accounts will be Adele and her husband Keith know i live above a place i work and its an.open public wifi!!Its where i live and work but its not me sending them.What do i do? Im not admiting to something thats not me yet they are free to accuse me of harrassment for revenge!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also that the fact i had made reports to police about harrassment well before she did implying i thought it may be her but nothing was done i was told to ignore, spam messages and be more vigilant yet now she can come after me even though when i realised my emails were being hacked (by probably her and my ex boyfriend together sending some from my address to Adele to frame me)) i contacted her on my other email asking what was going on and had onviously seen the emails in my spam and offered to meet to set things right.
Im very annoyed im not being taken seriously by the police yet she is.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
If it is traced to your IP then it cannot be then. An IP address is specific to a connection. They cannot be the persons operating it unless they have guessed both your home and work passwords and there is an open connection.You are not being taken seriously by the police because the IPs are traced to you. It is a really bad idea to pursue this. You will be charged with serious offences.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already said that tbe work wifi is free and password ***** out fir clients to use. My ex boyfriend new ny home wifi as i gave it to him when he lived with me!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So what do i do allow people to frame me in a revenge plot?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Yes, but he would have to be in your house or standing literally on the curtilage using your password.He would also have to be at your place of work.I'm afraid the police are more likely to think it was probably you.I really would leave this alone. They will charge you with perverting.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im not guilty of sending them. He could easily be around my home area and work.
I can prove i coukd not havr physically sent the emails as i work in theatre and dont have my phone or internet accsess during the day and wear theatre scrubs!I work 8am til 5pm daily and never know whether i will get lunch breaks let alone time to email anyone!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
OK. As long as you appreciate the risks.All I can do is advise you of the legal position. What action you take is a matter for you.