12826847

I own the home in which I live with my husband as joint tenant

Customer Question

I own the home in which I live with my husband as joint tenant with him. However I bought this myself with my own funds. I need to make a will and have suggested changing ownership to tenants in common enabling me to leave my half in trust to my two adult children. My husband is totally intimidated by all matters financial and legal, says the house is all mine, I bought it and he is not interested in nor prepared to consider / attempt to understand inheritance matters (he has two adult sons). Since this is the case, is there any way that he could sign ownership of the house back over to me alone so that I can proceed to make a will fair to all?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIs there a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is owned outright. No mortgage