13262538

Land law: In which case I can get rights to land if I live

land law: In which case I can get rights to land if I live there over 2 years?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about the situation and what it is you wish to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you for your quick response. I live on my boat in Marina's hard stand. As my boat is sitting on the ground, I've heard that if I live over 2 years in this same place I can have the rights to land... I was living as a marina's employee and last Dec I became redundant. At the moment I still live on my boat ( it's over 26 months in one place), but probably I will must to leave the marina. I didn't sign the mooring agreement (which regulate my no rights to mooring place). Have I any rights to land, if I live there over 2 years? If yes, what have I to do, to start get my rights? What Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
For clarity you have never had a mooring agreement - your moorings were part of your employment package?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For first 2.5 year, I have to pay under a Mooring Agreement. From 1Jan2014 the manager let me mooring for free like other marina staff, but I didn't get any papers for this change. Just my statement, which show that: in the middle of agreement period I stop to pay my mooring fee. The last agreement expired end of June 2014 . Later, when I have finished (December 2015)work for them, I didn't sign any new papers. I have only receipts for my monthly payments from December 2015
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am so very sorry but there is no law which allows you to acquire rights to land after two years.Indeed in the circumstances you describe there is no basis on which you could acquire any rights at all even after a decade, since you have not adopted the property as your own and fenced and paid rates upon it.I am sorry not to have been able to give you better newsClare