75100385

Good evening. We have signed a one year lease in September

Customer Question

Good evening.
We have signed a one year lease in September for a flat in London.
From the first day we have occupied the flat , a very strong mould smell was coming from the closet in the Master bedroom.The wall behind the closet is underground and there has been a leak from a top floor a year ago creating heavy damages. We were not tenant at the time and not aware of this problem.
Since September and with various E-mail we have repeatedly asked the Landlord to fix the problem.
The health of my children was deteriorating at the same time that the mould was spreading outside the closet. ( Black mould). Serious Fatigue, development of allergies, headaches,...
After 6 months of exchange on this subject, the tenant finally decide on a temporary solution that trap the mould by putting a ground all around the closets. The back wooden panels of the closets are in direct contact with that external wall and are discoloured because of the mould. The mould issue will not be resolved permanently until the back wall is fixed and the root of the problem adressed.
My children had to stay in hotels and at my brother's place for the past three weeks.
I have just wrote the agency to terminate the lease immediately.
Am I legally entitled to do so?
Many thanks in advance for your advice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be able to terminate the lease immediately and find a new apartment that does not pose a health issue to my family.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number to chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you contact me?
Or should I call you?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes please give me your number.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you call me?????
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly, I am just on the train.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I called but spoke to someone who didn't understand me.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please try again, there is no reason you should not go through this time as I am home.
41 43 844 42 02 or my cell: 41 78 806 93 63
Many thanks in advance
Valentine Firmenich
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok give me 45 min as I am on train.