12826847

My nephew (26) was arrested 2 weeks ago of child

My nephew (26) was arrested 2 weeks ago for possession of child pornography on his computer
He did not want a Sol. he said he was guilty and there was nothing to defend
He gave the police all passwords from his Comp. & Phone (which were taken as evidence) and was fully co-operative
He was released the same day and has to go to court in 4 months time to be charged
He is taking an on-line course which the Police told him he has to do
The police informed him they would have to tell his employer (he works in Security) and he was given the choice to resign
My nephew has never been arrested before
Hopefully he will be cautioned and be on the Sex Offenders Register for 2 years (hopefully)
My questions -
He lives with his mother (my Sister) in a council flat - Does the Council need to be informed that he is on that Register
Do the people on the estate need to be informed?
When he applies for a job while on the Register do they need to be informed? - And if he gets a job does the new employer need to be informed?
Thank you for any help you can be in this matter and if you need a donation for any information you can provide
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does the contract with the council demand disclosure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know - They are council tenants?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Is there any reason you think it may demand disclosure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know - That's why I'm asking the questions. If someone is on the Register does it need to be declared to the Council, Employer, etc - Or is the fact that that person is checking in with the Police when asked good enough? Please stop asking me questions - I don't know - I don't mean to be rude but if I knew the answers I wouldn't of used this site - Again many thanks for any help you can be
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
He won't have to disclose to the council. He may have to disclose to his employer depending on the nature of his work and the terms of his contract. The police may disclose to others though if there is a necessity. It depends. Without fairly detailed information it is impossible to say. Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That helps very much - I don't know if I can ask you one final question - When he goes to court to receive his sentence should he have legal representation. He said he does not want any as he admits his guilt and does not want to complicate things - Again many thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. How many images roughly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've asked him and he said it's so long ago he doesn't remember and they are not very strong images (I don't believe him) I told him he needs to remember as it's on his computer and they will know when they see it. You've been a great help - Thanks you for all your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If he wants to tell me what they were and how many I could probably tell you what he is facing.Please remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You work very late - I will be speaking with him tomorrow if he can give me an honest answer I will let you know - it will be my final question I promise - I will be rating you very highly - Again many thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best