12826847

I was adopted in 1938 my adoption order was granted on the

Customer Question

i was adopted in 1938 my adoption order was granted on the ninth of December 1938 in the Juvenile Court for the Tettenhall Petty Sessional Division of the County of Stafford.
No. of entry 53742 Date of entry Twentieth December 1938 Signature of Officer deputed by Registrar, General to attest the entry Chas M Watts.
Have i the right to a transcript of the documentation leading up to that adoption order and its reasons for granting it , and where should i apply for this imformation.
sincerly , keith moseley
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHave you made any approaches at all regarding this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the imformation i suplied in my origonal question , that i had written a request to the wolverhampton magistrates cleark of the court asking where and how i could obtain copys of imformation suplied to the court .by my maternal parants , and my would be
adopters, as to why i was being put up for adoption ,and the responces given by the court in making there desisions .
i received no reply to my letter .and this is my reason for enquiring from yourself, where do i go from here. keith.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi KeithAs an adopted child you do indeed have the right to know more about your originsHave you accessed your original birth certificate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare i have my full birth certificate, obtained in 1986 from wolverhampton register office, i have a certified copy of an entry in the adopted children register , obtained from the G-R-O in May 2013. i have my maternal mothers name , date of birth ,address
i was born at , my grand parents names , ect, what i do not have are reason s for my adoption ? hens my question to yourself as allready stated.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
have you had the mandatory counselling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare i do not have a problem with the fact that i was adopted. and at my age in life it would be a bit late to go for any kind of counselling,although i have been in touch with the Wolverhampton adoption society, who have searched their records, and have no record of my adoption in there files. there advice was to apply to the Wolverhampton magistrates ?
Clare my question was have i the right to a transcript of the documentation leading up to my adoption order,and its reasons for granting it.
And where should i apply for this information.hopefully keith