75100385

I have a dispute with a customer. I have made no admission

I have a dispute with a customer. I have made no admission as to liability but I have offered a settlement whereby we will provide an upgrade of goods and the customer will pay a small percentage (less than 50%).
I have asked the customer to agree that this arrangement will be in full and final settlement of all claims arising from this aspect of the contract. They are refusing to agree to this saying it is against the law to ask them to give up there consumer rights. I have no intention of proceeding with the proposal unless I know that this is the end of the particular issue. Where do I stand?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.That is not correct. You can offer full and final settlement of any and all claims. This is normal. If they refuse to accept then you need to resolve this some other way ie Court.But yes, you can offer full and final settlement.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex