75100385

Would like some advice and help in trying to gain possession

Customer Question

Would like some advice and help in trying to gain possession of our property due to tenancy not signed by due date and tenant not wanting to move. The tenants informed that they could not pay the 500pm asking rent and propsed a rent of 475 which we reluctantly agreed to an sent a new tenancy agreement to them to sign stating we would like the property back after this year was up they did not return and when we phoned said they were moving out and would send us a letter to confirm in the post. the letter never came and when we called up again said they were now staying, we have made arrangements to take back our property and no longer wish to accept the still not received contract. i have sent a letter 4/3/16 stating that they have 30 days to move out as we want our property back. They are council tenants and the council pay most of the rent directly to us. We only have a verbal agreement in place because they did not return the contract back to us. what steps can i take to gain possession back they are still paying rent.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.When did they move in please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They moved in on 19 Aug 2013 on a six month tenancy which was renewed for 12 months each time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didnt see you had replied. What is your number?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have sent you my number in private contact
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can you try it again as I cant see it? I am just on the train so it may be that
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I see it now. I will call shortly.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you're on a train, maybe would be more confidential for you to write your response on here so you're not speaking out loud in public.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me at 9pm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently going to be unavailable for the next hour due to commitments
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You may need just to come back on here and remind me.Alex