75100385

We had a tree removed from our garden 2 years ago as my neighbor

We had a tree removed from our garden 2 years ago as my neighbor complained about the roots in her garden.
We have just received a letter from a law firm trying to claim tree root damage to her property.
Can she do this to us ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Has she had a survey done at all please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she has not j
Then these are just spurious allegations. Unless they provide you with some sort of evidence, at least a surveyors report saying what the damage is AND that the tree caused it - then you are not liable.If it went to Court a Judge would want to see evidence. They cant just say, of you damaged our tree but we have nothing to show you that you did.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the letter says I can meet at the respective properties for settlement if i wish if i don't enter into such a meeting then she has the right to issue proceedings without further notice.i had a problem with this person a year ago about a raised flower bed and plants on her fence flower beds removed and put up my own fence. then nearly a year i get this. thank you chris
Yes, there is nothing they can do without evidence. Nothing whatsoever
Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so you are saying she has to prove it was my tree i need to see a report but if she can prove it was my tree roots i will have to pay her.
Yes that is correct. But even then your insurance may may out. Needs to prove it was your roots that did the damage
Does that clarify for you today?Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/