12826847

Had a phone contract with a private firm.there contract

Customer Question

hi had a phone contract with a private firm.there contract was with t mobile. the phone got stolen abroad and they issued me with a bill for 1800 pounds . I did not request roaming on the phone and they said the contract I had taken out came with roaming. when I phoned up the mobile company that I took the contract out with they said it was not on my contract. were do I go from here
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello could the person who used it just have switched on roaming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
t mobile said that the contract I had taken out came with roaming on it from buy your mobile phone .but when I contacted them they said they cannot put it on my phone .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** patrick
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you tell them it had been stolen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi jo they know that the pone has been stolen . because i contacted them when i was in gran canaria . they have all the details surrounding the issue with the phone. the issue is with the roaming of the phone. which they said i had on the contract . where there is no mention of it on my contract
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Was the roaming after or before your report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after my reporting. 15 months later when I tried to resolve the issue .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do they say why they didn't put a block on your phone when you reported it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes they did . straight away
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Unless I am missing the point, I am not sure how they could charge you for anything that was used after you reported it. If you report it stolen or lost then they should put a block on the phone. If they did not they were negligent. It is not your fault they did not. I’m not sure it is any more complicated than that really. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the best way to resolve the issue .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You need to get to the bottom of the basis upon which they issue this bil. It cannot be that this was the phone you reported lost or stolen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone use it abroad and the bill amounted to that. that's what they said
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it was after you reported it. Or do they deny that?