12826847

There has been a recent court case assault.The

There has been a recent court case for common assault.The person pleased guilty was charged and fined heavily for this. The case is now over.However, during the magistrate court hearing the mitigater for the defendant stated something along the lines of "This was out of character and was a reaction due to a build up of things. My partner is pregnant and being in court is not a place I would like to be near again in the near future."Obviously this is the solicitor trying to paint the defendant as a caring, family person who acted in a way that's not true. To make him look like a good guy. I can see why they would do that.However, the defendants partner is NOT pregnant. Isn't this lying to the court and therefore illegal?Although it's not directly related to the common assault or in fact a defence of why he acted in this manner (I think?), if the statement given in court is untrue, is that an illegal thing to do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, what are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing to achieve. I'm just curious how the court system works in that regards ***** ***** lie has been made in court to paint an untrue picture.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is an offence that can be used in extreme cases for false mitiation but it isn't an appropriate case here.People are always lying about their pregancies and pregnant partners and other similar nonsense. I think every female defendant I have ever known was the victim of domestic abuse if you believe their instructions.Plain fact remains that it doesn't change the sentencing category even if she is pregnant so doesn't amount to perverting the course of justice.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo