75100385

The DWP are attempting to reclaim monies by way of loans made

The DWP are attempting to reclaim monies by way of loans made in 2003 which they allege were made by my daughter.
From the little evidence available it is apparent that these are fraudulent claims made by a third party using my daughter's personal details.
The DWP continue to press for repayment of these loans apprx �450 however - is this something they can lawfully pursue after the loans were granted over 13 years ago
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Are they suggesting fraud please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No-but they went straight to make an order for recovery from here employer in Nov'15 for £140 apprx- no opportunity given to answer and no offer of time to pay if my daughter had been liable to repay - further payments were then to be made of apprx £150 per month until fully paid
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It's statue barred. They have six years under the limitation act 1980 to reclaim a debt.There they are out of time to claim it back.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All understood - I believe we now have to claim that such recovery is now " out of time" by the DWP to terminate this matter
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
indeed, yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything else?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's it thank you very much - very helpful
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!Alex