12826847

Clare in 2010 my partner and I purchased a house. He was

Customer Question

Hi Clare in 2010 my partner and I purchased a house. He was unable to get a mortgage even joint with me so the mortgage had to be in my name he put a 30k deposit down. He came with me when I signed the contract at which point the solicitor presented me with a trust deed to sign - no time to think it over or get independent advise just sign or loose the house. The deed sets out that my now ex partner gets his 30k plus 50% of any equity - it also says that he should pay 1/2 the out goings which he never did. He left in 2012 and there was nothing in the house at that point the situation is very different now and he is making a lot of noise. I do not think he should be able to walk off with 50% equity and feel very let down by the solicitor
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid you put any capital into the house?Is the mortgage a repayment or interest only one?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he put the deposit down.
The mortgage is interest only - I have made all the payment. For the first 2 yrs £1077 per month, The agreement via the deed was he contributed half of the out goings including the mortgage - his contribution was approximately £350 per month.
Outstanding mortgage is 270k house is now worth approx 400k.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In the two years you were living together did he pay towards the household then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He paid the bills which came to 350 pounds per month. After the first 2 years my payment dropped from 1077 to 850 per month
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why did you agree to accept that little?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not agree as such - as the mortgage was, and still is, in my name I had to make the payments as my credit rating would suffer if I did not also after we moved here whenever I did try to raise issues regarding money he became quite defensive.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Ah I see.Can you just confirm what other outgoings you are referring to?