12826847

I received a car parking fine from excel parking in july 15

Customer Question

I received a car parking fine from excel parking in july 15 but my name was mis spelt missing S from the beginning they wanted to charge £60 for 16 mins entering a camera monitored car park My husband remained inside the car with the engine running. I ignored this but by November they had sold the debt on to Rossendale Collect who had altered my name by omitting my first name and adding Systems to my surname I returned these letters to them unopened after the first one. This was in December and I have heard nothing until today when I received a letter from bw legal back in the original mis spelt name I have not opened and I am of the opinion of returning this unopened given the mis spelt name. Please can you give me some advice Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello when was the alleged offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18/07/2015
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you are liable?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you are then missing an S from your name is ***** ***** issue. That doesn't have any impact at all upon this matter.Neither does the letter they are trying to send either of course but that is another matter.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In either case, you know to whom to letter is addressed. This isnt a formal summons but there is caselaw on what renders a formal summons invalid and it has to be such that a person cannot understand it is for them. Missing an S is a non issue.Whether they will sue is another matter. They never used to but sometimes they are now.The risk might be worth taking but you do need to understand it is a risk.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I wondered if returning the letter to bw legal unopened would work and they would hopefully not sue I know it lis risky but feel this is unjust fine for 16 mins
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it would not. Whether you return the letter or not is a non issue. Actually I think it would annoy them and make a suit more likely.