75100385

Put in a claim Home fees mother (now deceased)

Customer Question

Put in a claim for Nursing Home fees for my mother (now deceased) Paid normal care home fees myself until she needed 24 Nursing care. Two Solicitors the information was passed to went burst passed to third Solicitor who did not get the claim in on time. (I actually put the information in well in advance of time limit. Have now received a letter to say that the Ombudsman has declined to re-open the case and they will no longer be able to pursue the matter for me. If they do not hear from me within 28 days (letter sent on 25.2.16) they will close the file on this matter! As I got the information in on time I need some advice on what to do next about this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rose***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know how much you are claiming please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Approximate figure for 4 Nursing Homes is £36,500 over a period of 30 months.
Rosemarie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.You have 6 years to bring a claim under the Limitation Act 1980Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Warwickshire North CCG initially closed the case because required documentation had not been received in time limit and was closed on 29.7.13. Paul Rooney Solicitors wrote to CCG in July 2014 asking them to reopen the complaint under the grounds of exceptional circumstances, however they did not chase this issue up further until April 2015 where they expressed their dissatisfaction that the case still remained closed. Incidentally CCG have received 80 such complaints from Paul Rooney Healthcare and have made the decision that these events do not equate to exceptional circumstances! As I am on a time limit here who do I send the letter to Thomas Body, Caseworker, Parlimentary & Health Ombudsman who sent me the letter and says I can contact him by phone to discuss the decision or North Warwickshire CCG? Your advice would be much appreciated.
Rose***** *****Please let me know how much my legal fee is to date.Rose***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You send the letter to CCG.It's a one off fee for the question here. You just need to rate my answer.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify Rosemarie?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes will send letter today registered post.Thanks
Rosemarie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Rosemarie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will keep you informed of progress.Rosemarie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please do. Alex