Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My granddaughter went to university to do a foundation degree

Customer Question

My granddaughter went to university to do a foundation degree September 2014. She only spent two weeks there and could not cope so came home.
Because she started she has had to pay her accommodation for the year. She is still paying this off as she is not in work so is paying in installments.
She has now received another letter from student loans saying she will need to start making repayments towards her plan 2 student loan. This we do not understand, what is she having to pay for now? She was only at University for two weeks?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Did she apply for and obtain the student loans? Was this a government loan or a bank/personal loan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She applied for student loans but obviously did not use them.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If she has received the student loan then she would be expected to repay them once the criteria is met for repayments.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.